Basic Science Level 2
How stress and traumatic experiences negatively impact our brain function and our health.
- What happens in the brain when a person experiences stress
- How stress shuts off the prefrontal cortex and heightens the limbic brain
- The changes known to occur after stress
- Identify what a traumatic experience is and the detrimental health effects that can occur
- Recognize chronic stress symptoms
- The important role the prefrontal cortex plays in endocrine function, immune function, inflammation levels and emotional control and mental health
You must log in to submit a review.